Dead Matter, by indie company Quantum Integrity Software Inc., is a zombie survival rogue-lite set in a near future, post-apocalyptic Alberta. Bringing together various, handpicked elements of the open-world survival genre, along with our own original touches, Dead Matter aims to quench the community’s thirst for a title to properly balance survival mechanics with fulfilling gameplay.
- Gameplay Programming
- Implementation of the game’s basic mechanics, such as environmental actors like lights and elevators, items, weapons and more.
- Saving and loading of the game’s state & players via a custom made SQLite wrapper.
- Regular profiling of the game’s performance and bandwidth usage, and tweaks in order to keep them ready for high player counts.
- Editor Tools
- Minimap generator for a map item.
- Housekeeping tools to keep the project clean and fix asset issues in bulk.
- Level Design oriented tools for the level design team.
- Lead Programmer
- Lead newer members of the team through the codebase, helping them understand it and proceed with their tasks.
- Ensure proper application of the codebase’s coding standards, and make sure code is kept maintainable at all times.